I give traditional silkscreen courses, not industrial serigraphy courses. Hence all the work is done entirely by hand : the preparation of screens and the printing onto various materials. The student learns different techniques of transferring a picture or a drawing onto a screen, is introduced to the blending of inks and practises printing onto paper and textile.
Several levels are available and for each level the courses cover 4 weeks.
- Level 1 : beginners Theoretical overview of the different screen printing techniques that have been used from their origins in China to the present day.
- Practical training : manual preparation of screens (Chinese ancestral method, blocking substance method, liquid latex method, “à la frisquette” method, etc…)
- preparation of the ink and printing onto various surfaces (paper, textile, cardboard, Tee-shirts, etc…)
- Level 2 : advanced Further examination of certain technical points concerning the manual preparation of screens and introduction to the use of the photo emulsion method. Further study of colours and inks : analysis and colorimetry of inks, colour harmonies, contrasts, gradation, creation of colours, etc… Preparation of colours and printing onto various materials.
The fees are of €400 per person per level for a 32 hour session.
All the necessary materials are provided and included in the price.
Phone : +33 6 33 44 38 47 – e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Each level runs over 4 weeks, two afternoons a week :
- Either on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons from 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm
- Or on Saturday and Sunday afternoons from 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm
The courses are taught in small groups of a maximum of 3 students, in my studio in Paris at 17, rue La Vieuville, 75018 Paris, France.
The next session will take place from Tuesday June 1st to Thursday June 24th 2021.
Apple application ! To discover my silkscreen printing tips and my news, download the iSerdart app for iPhone and iPad on Apple Store or iTunes HERE !