I give traditional silkscreen courses, not industrial serigraphy courses. Hence all the work is done entirely by hand : the preparation of screens and the printing onto various materials. The student learns different techniques of transferring a picture or a drawing onto a screen, is introduced to the blending of inks and practises printing onto paper and textile.
Several levels are available and for each level the courses cover 4 weeks.
Level 1 : beginners
- Theoretical overview of the different screen printing techniques that have been used from their origins in China to the present day.
- Practical training : . manual preparation of screens (Chinese ancestral method, blocking substance method, liquid latex method, “à la frisquette” method, etc…) . preparation of the ink and printing onto various surfaces (paper, textile, cardboard,Tee-shirts, etc…)
Level 2 : advanced
- Further examination of certain technical points concerning the manual preparation of screens and introduction to the use of the photo emulsion method.
- Further study of colours and inks : analysis and colorimetry of inks, colour harmonies, contrasts, gradation, creation of colours, etc…
- Preparation of colours and printing onto various materials.
The fees are of €320 per level for a 32 hour session.
All the necessary materials are provided and included in the price.
Phone : +33 6 33 44 38 47
e-mail : email@example.com
Each level runs over 4 weeks, two afternoons a week :
- Either on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons from 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm
- Or on Saturday and Sunday afternoons from 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm
The courses are taught in small groups of a maximum of 4 students, in my studio in Paris at 17, rue La Vieuville, 75018 Paris, France.
The next session will take place in SEPTEMBER 2018
Apple application ! To discover my silkscreen printing tips and my news, download the iSerdart app for iPhone and iPad on Apple Store or iTunes HERE !